1 day in Kakheti tour program
Tour starts at 9:00 am, driver and guide meets with the tourists at their hotel. Today’s tour includes the following places:
- Bodbe Monastery
- Ilia Lake
- Winery Khareba
This is a full-day tour. Tour ends at around 6-7 pm and transfer back to Tbilisi.
Small information about the places we visit:
- Signagi– “A city of Love” is in Georgia’s eastern region of Kakheti and the administrative center of the Signagi Municipality. Although it is one of Georgia’s smallest towns, Signagi serves as a popular tourist destination due to its location at the heart of Georgia’s wine-growing regions, as well as its picturesque landscapes, pastel houses and narrow, cobblestone Located on a steep hill, Signagi overlooks the vast Alazani Valley, with the Caucasus Mountains visible at a distance.
- Bodbe Monastery-TheMonastery of Nino at Bdbe is a Georgian Orthodox monastic complex and the seat of the Bishops of Bodbe located 2 km from the town of Sighnaghi, Kakheti,Georgia. Originally built in the 9th century, it has been significantly remodeled, especially in the 17th century. The monastery now functions as a nunnery and is one of the major pilgrimage sites in Georgia, due to its association with St. Nino, the 4th-century female evangelist of Georgians, whose relics are shrined there.
- Ilia Lake-Ilia lake is called so in honor of famous Georgian writes of beginning of XX century – Ilia Chavchavadze, is handmade lake in the north part of Kakheti, Alazani valley, near town Kvareli, where are Saperavi grape yards, for wine Kindzmarauli. Around the lake are located cafes, park, and is being built hotel. Tourists often visit the lake during Kakheti tour, to have some rest, locals come here to spend whole day near water, and rest. Ilia Lake resort is located right in the heart of Kakheti, east of the town of Kvareli, at the foothills of the southern slopes of Caucasian mountains. Surrounded by a forest of centuries-old trees, the hotel grounds open to the lake feeding on the Bursa and Chagurgula rivers, and overlook the boundless Alazani valley. The hotel has spacious guest rooms with terraces with excellent views. 44 hectares out of total 300 hectares, on which the resort is spread, is occupied by the lake with average depth of 20 m.
- Winery Khareba-Winery Khareba has its own vineyards in Kakheti, Imereti and Lechkhumi, where Georgia’s unique grape varieties are cultivated, such as: Otskhanuri Sapere, Tsitska, Tsolikouri, Krakhuna, Aladasturi, Usakhelouri, Saperavi, Khikhvi, Kisi, Mtsvane and Rkatsiteli. The Company cultivates also well-known French vines – Cabernet and Merlot. Winery Khareba produces wine from the harvest gathered from its own vineyards by using ancient conventional methods and modern technologies. The Company has wineries in Imereti and Kakheti, namely in Terjola and Vachnadziani, and the wines are being aged and cared for in Kvareli, in the unique 7,5 km long wine keeping tunnel in Georgia. Winery Khareba produces wine by European, Imeretian and Kakhetian technologies. The product assortment includes:
1) Appelation of origin Wines
2) Wines with 1- 3 years aging in French oak barrels
3) Original dry table wines
4) Dry and semi-dry sparkling wines using bottle method with minimum 12 months of aging
5) Qvevri Wines
6) Grape seed oil.
- All transfers on private basis during the tour starting from airport
- Professional tour guide service (speaks English and Russian)
- 1 bottle water per person
- All applicable taxes
- Flight tickets
- Meals except described
- Travel insurance
Note: Children under age of 6 are free of charge, from 6-15 years 30% of the price.