1 day in Bakuriani tour program
Tour starts at 8:00 am, driver and guide meets with the tourists at their hotel. Today’s tour includes the following places:
- Borjomi Park
- Mountain Didveli
- Kokhta route
This is a full-day tour. Tour ends at around 6-7 pm and transfer back to Tbilisi.
- All transfers on private basis during the tour starting from airport
- Professional tour guide service (speaks English and Russian)
- 1 bottle water per person
- All applicable taxes
- Flight tickets
- Meals except described
- Travel insurance
Note: Children under age of 6 are free of charge, from 6-15 years 30% of the price.
Small information about the places we visit:
- Bakuriani is a skiing resort in the Borjomi district of Georgia. It is located on the northern slope of the Trialeti Range, at an elevation of 1,700 meters (5,576 feet) above sea level. The region around Bakuriani is covered by coniferous forests (mainly made up of spruce). The highest mountain of the resort used for skiing is called Mount Kohta at around 2,200 meters (7,216 feet) above sea level. Bakuriani is one of the most important four season resorts in Georgia. People come throughout the year to enjoy the amazing views of the Caucasus Gorge; to wander through serene coniferous forests; to bask in the summer breeze; to ski, snowboard and hike; to go horseback riding and biking; and just to have an unforgettable time with family and friends. The resort is an ideal destination not only for recreational purposes but also for sport and nature lovers.
- Didveli-Located at an elevation of 1861 m above sea level at the footsteps of the breathtaking Caucasus Mountains, Didveli is an Alpine mountain ski resort and general sports/recreational destination in the heart of Bakuriani (Borjomi District). Due to its long winters (4-5 months), Didveli is a paradise for skiers and snowboarders alike. It is also a superb venue for children to learn how to ski and engage in other winter sports and activities. Tow ropes, ski-jumps, ski slopes, cross country skiing – Bakuriani has it all. There are 14 km of ski trails in total with 3 lifts and 1 funicular. There are 6 different trails catering to all levels of skier, from beginners to veterans. 22% of the slopes have snowmakers, which enables the resort to ensure a standard quality of snow on some runs. Didveli is an unforgettable place – there is nothing better than making it to the top of the funicular, breathing in the fresh, cool air, and seeing the long, enjoyable ride that lies ahead you.
- Kokhta-Presently several routes both for skillful skiers and beginners are functioning there. Two-step routes – “Kokhta-1” (a chair lift) with the total length of 1,500m and “Kokhta-2“(tatrapoma, tugboat) with steeps alternating with smooth slopes, as well as a “Plato” route for beginners with bar lifts are at skiers’ disposal. The total length of Kokhta ski track is 3 km and 100 m, now the most challenging track in Bakuriani. The maximum altitude is 2100 m. The new ski lift has been launched with a mid-station.
- Borjomi Park– Stretched along the Borjomula river, citypark contains the source of the Borjomi mineral water. First part of park contains park amusements and cafes. Distant part of the park is great for a walk, about 2km to a natural pool that’s popular with locals for a picnic. Near the entrance there is an option to use cable car to get up to plateau, where there’s a ferris wheel.