6 days/5nights New Year in Mestia
Greet the New Year with new adventures in one of the most amazing places in the world. New Year – this is the best way to start a new life and forget all the old and bad deeds.
1st day: Greet the tourists in the airport and check in the hotel.
Tbilisi city tour
- Botanical garden
- Narikala Fortress
- Mother of Georgia Monument
Rest in the afternoon. In the evening:
- Rustaveli street
- Freedom square
- Shardeni street
- Bridge of Peace
Overnight in Tbilisi.
2nd day: Tbilisi-Kutaisi-Enguri-Mestia
Tour starts from Tbilisi at 9:00am. The road is 464 kms, it takes around 7-8 hours to get to Mestia from Tbilisi. On the way we will visit the following places:
- Prometheus Caves in Kutaisi city (253 km)
- Enguri Dam in Village Jvari (150 km)
- Mestia (97 km)
At night we check in the hotel and rest.
3rd day: Mestia Tour
The tour starts 9-10 am (tourists can arrange with driver and guide). We visit The Historical and Ethnographical Museum of Mestia and the famous towers which are erected mainly in the 9th-12th centuries make the region’s villages more attractive. We will have a lunch break and visit Hatsvali Mountain, which is the ski area.
Overnight in Mestia.
4th day: Hatsvali Mountain Free tour
On this day you have two options: you can enjoy skiing, skating and other activities in the snow or you can go to the village Ushguli for extra cost (47 km).
Overnight in Mestia.
5th day: Mestia-Zugdidi-Borjomi-Tbilisi
Today tour starts at 9:00 am. We start coming back to Tbilisi. On the way we visit the following places:
- Dadiani Palaces Museum (129 km)
- Borjomi Park (233 km)
Overnight in Tbilisi
6th day: Tbilisi & Shopping tour
After breakfast check-out from the hotel and shopping tour. We visit the following places:
- East point Shopping Center
- Old Bazaar Vagzali
- Mtatsminda Park
Transfer to the airport.
- All transfers on private basis during the tour starting from airport
- Accommodation double/twin room
- Professional tour guide service (speaks English and Russian)
- New Year’s Eve dinner in Mestia
- 1 bottle water per person
- All applicable taxes
- Surprise gift from “Guide of Georgia” group
- Flight tickets
- Single room supplement
- Meals except described
- Travel insurance
Note: Children under age of 6 are free of charge, from 6-15 years 30% of the price.
“Guide of Georgia” group wishes you happy holidays!
Small information about the places we visit:
- Prometheus Cave- Discovered in Imereti region in 1984, Prometheus Cave is one of Georgia’s natural wonders providing visitors with breathtaking examples of stalactites, stalagmites, curtains, petrified waterfalls, cave pearls, underground rivers, and lakes. Walking route for tourists is 1060m. The cave itself is very breathtaking with its specious architectural halls, which are 16 of them and each one is distinct by scales andunsurpassed shape.
- Enguri Dam is a hydroelectric dam on the Enguri River in Georgia. Currently it is the world’s second highest concrete arch dam with a height of 271.5 metres (891 ft). It is located north of the town Jvari. It is part of the Enguri hydroelectric power station (HES).
- Mestia is a highland townlet in northwest Georgia, at an elevation of 1,500 metres (4,921 feet) in the Caucasus Mountains. It has a ski area on Hastvali and Tetnuldi mountains. Mestia is served by the Queen Tamar Airport, since 2010.
- Svaneti Historic and Ethnography Museum-The museum was founded in 1936 and houses historic artifacts from the Svaneti region, including unique icons and engravings, a rich collection of manuscripts, medieval weaponry, iron, silver and copper ornaments, jewelry, pottery, and a collection of textile items, ethnographic artifacts depicting ancient life in Svaneti, and more.
- Ushguliis a community of four villages located at the head of the Enguri gorge in Svaneti, Georgia. Recognized as the Upper Svaneti UNESCO World Heritage Site, Ushguli is one of the highest continuously inhabited settlements in Europe. Compared to somewhat more developed towns like Mestia, Ushguli has been “saved” by its particularly inaccessible location, which helped preserve the villages’ timeless feel.
- Dadiani Palaces History and Architectural Museum is a Georgian national museum located in Zugdidi, Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti region, Georgia. The Dadiani Palaces History and Architecture Museum is considered to be one of the most eminent palaces in Caucasus.
- Borjomi Park– Stretched along the Borjomula river, citypark contains the source of the Borjomi mineral water. First part of park contains park amusements and cafes. Distant part of the park is great for a walk, about 2km to a natural pool that’s popular with locals for a picnic. Near the entrance there is an option to use cable car to get up to plateau, where there’s a ferris wheel