1 day in Kazbeghi tour program
Tour starts at 9:00 am, driver and guide meets with the tourists at their hotel. Today’s tour includes the following places:
- Ananuri castle
- Balcony of Friendship
- Red-Rock Travertine
- Gudauri Ski Resort
This is a full-day tour. Tour ends at around 6-7 pm and transfer back to Tbilisi.
Optional (extra cost):
- Gergeti Trinity Church
- Gveleti Waterfall
- All transfers on private basis during the tour starting from airport
- Professional tour guide service (speaks English and Russian)
- 1 bottle water per person
- All applicable taxes
- Flight tickets
- Meals except described
- Travel insurance
Note: Children under age of 6 are free of charge, from 6-15 years 30% of the price.
Small information about the places we will visit:
- Ananuri is a castle complex on the Aragvi River in Georgia, about 45 miles (72 kilometres) from Tbilisi. It was built by the Dukes of Aragvi and its earliest parts date from the 13th century. In 2007, the complex has been on the tentative list for inclusion into the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The friendship monument is located on the military road, on the way to Kazbegi. The monument which was built in the 80’s is pretty worn, but the scenery and views from the balconies are just unbeatable.
- The rock is covered by yellowish-red minerals, delivered by mineral water to the surface. Hereby is a specially installed tap to take this healthy mineral water for drinking. There are just some this kind of places in Georgia, because this kind of formation takes a long time and its very unique thing by nature.
- Gudauri is a ski resort located on the south-facing plateau of The Greater Caucasus Mountain Range in Georgia. The resort is situated in the Stepantsminda District at an elevation of 2,200 meters (7,200 ft.) above sea level. Gudauri lies 120 km (75 mi) to the north of the capital Tbilisi. The resort offers high quality skiing The ski season lasts from December to April.
- Stepantsminda (formerlyKazbegi) is a village in the north of Georgia, popular for the trekking opportunities in the visually spectacular surrounding mountains, its views of the mighty Mount Kazbek, and for the beautiful view from the town of the Holy Trinity Church outlined against Mount Kazbek itself. Kazbeghi is known for its scenic location in the Greater Caucasus mountains, and is a center for trekkers and mountain climbing.
- Gergeti Trinity Church is situated on the right bank of the river Chkheri (the left tributary of the river Terek), at an elevation of 2170 meters, under Mount Kazbegi. The church is a popular waypoint for trekkers in the area, and can be reached by a steep 3 hour climb up the mountain, or around 30 minutes by jeep up a rough mountain trail.
- Gveleti waterfall is located in village Gveleti,7 km from the town of stepantsminda. Gveleti means “Place of Snakes” in Georgian. You can take a car from Kazbeghi and it will drop you to a point,from there you have to hike up the mountain for 1km approximately.